Go Back   Cat Chat at Hubbell Bubbell > Hubbell Social Section > Book of Spells
Anglopets Gallery Cat Planet Vet UK
User Name
Password

Book of Spells Curl up on the sofa and join the Hubbell Bubbell book group.... Want to talk about Films or Television.. feel free to do it here....

Old 26-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

It's aaaaages, Linda - probably not until next summer!

I'm going to start my rewatch in late December - when winter isn't just coming, but is here!
Old 26-10-2016, 09:01 AM
Oscar & Freddie's slave! :) :)
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Got this from a GoT loving friend:-

It was written by someone called Jaynee D - good on you, girl!

Night gathers, and now our re-watch begins.
It shall not end until next season.
We shall take no breaks, hold no other interests, father no spoilers.
We shall wear only comfy clothes and win no game shows.
We shall live and die at our TV sets.
We are the seekers of missed clues.
We are the watchers on the couch.
We are the nerds that describe the plots, the listeners of the sound tracks, the horn that calls others to the show, the shield that guards the show and book canon.
We pledge our lives and honour to Game of Thrones, for this night and all nights to come.

Just keeping it real for me, Andrea, Leah, Tracey, Linda (honorary member) and any other lurkers who are suffering withdrawal symptoms!
Love the poem!!

I can't wait for the next season but it won't be until next summer as Chris said! Sob!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com- Please click this link at least once a day to feed the animals
- it doesn't cost a thing!

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Old 01-04-2017, 10:57 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

There's 106 days 14 hours and 53 minutes to wait until the Series 7 premiere, according to the Watchers on the Wall site - which I daren't linger on for too long because I don't want to accidentally see any spoilers!

Is anyone else re-watching to make the waiting easier?

Anyone want to discuss favourite scenes/characters?

Is there anybody out there?
Old 01-04-2017, 05:15 PM
Imperial

I watched Manny in Modern Family give dopey Hayley a crash course because she had lied to her boyfriend he was a fan.... watching her go from total vap head cynic to thrilled convert over his potted version brought it all back. Jaimie and Cersei in the tower, Hodor and Bran's vision of how he became Hodor.... I am only gitted that it will be such a short series and then...... no more! Come on George! The world is desperate for inspiration.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
There's 106 days 14 hours and 53 minutes to wait until the Series 7 premiere, according to the Watchers on the Wall site - which I daren't linger on for too long because I don't want to accidentally see any spoilers!

Is anyone else re-watching to make the waiting easier?

Anyone want to discuss favourite scenes/characters?

Is there anybody out there?
So, we're not clock watching?!

I tried, but really couldn't get my head together with it.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:09 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
I watched Manny in Modern Family give dopey Hayley a crash course because she had lied to her boyfriend he was a fan.... watching her go from total vap head cynic to thrilled convert over his potted version brought it all back. Jaimie and Cersei in the tower, Hodor and Bran's vision of how he became Hodor.... I am only gitted that it will be such a short series and then...... no more! Come on George! The world is desperate for inspiration.
No, no, Leah - to the best of my knowledge there's a Series 7 and a Series 8 before our watch is ended for ever!

Not that either of them will have anything to do with old GRR Martin, the man whose writer's block seems to be stretching into infinity!

We could always have spin-offs, such as 'Lady Mormont's guide to Diplomacy' - 'Life and Love with the Lannisters' - 'Brandon Stark's thesis on Dream Interpretation' - 'Training Direwolves the Stark Way' - 'Walder Frey's guide to Wedding Planning' and many more!
Old 02-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Imperial

Haha!! Ooh I am so excited!!! Can't bloomin wait!!! I might have to re watch a few of the last series before the next on to refresh my memory a bit.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com- Please click this link at least once a day to feed the animals

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Old 02-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

I'm doing that - having a rewatch - and I'm also keeping myself going by watching 'The Last Kingdom'!

Uthred (son of Uthred) is a bit of a bonnie lad, King Alfred's a wimp and the pair of them are as plagued by prating priests as King's Landing was by those blighted Sparrows!

Never mind - there's plenty of slashing around with swords and axes, and - erm - 'humping' as they call it!
Old 04-04-2017, 09:15 AM
Imperial

Oooh, must watch out for The Last Kingdom!

Old 04-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Thursday nights, 9 p.m. BBC2, Andrea - the first episode of Series 2 (which this is) should still be on iPlayer! We enjoyed the first series so much we actually bought it on DVD!

There's even a female warrior - Hild - who is very good, but not up to Brienne's standards - I fear she might return to her former life as a nun!