Go Back   Cat Chat at Hubbell Bubbell > Hubbell Social Section > Book of Spells
Anglopets Gallery Cat Planet Vet UK
User Name
Password

Book of Spells Curl up on the sofa and join the Hubbell Bubbell book group.... Want to talk about Films or Television.. feel free to do it here....

Old 01-01-2018, 01:01 PM
Imperial

Default New Year's Day Concert

Have watched and listened to this wonderful concert from Vienna every January 1st since long before mum died, I think its become my tradition for the day. Because they're here, I can only listen this year. Have to imagine the hall with its myriad of flowers and the dancers.

Although I've never really been as big a fan of the Strauss family as mum was, I still love the whole spectacle of it. I'd love to go one year...one of my customers was lucky enough to spend Christmas in Vienna and her resent from her husband? Tickets to see the Christmas Day concert!!!

Old 01-01-2018, 01:58 PM
Grand Premier

Watched it here too! Wonderful!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:33 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

I just watched a bit of it - the waltzing is wonderful, but at some point I know the orchestra will launch itself into the Blue Danube Waltz - a piece I met my Waterloo with at the age of 10.

It brought my piano lessons to a grinding halt and still makes me break out into a cold sweat when I hear it! Mind you, I think my teacher was being unnecessarily vindictive when she wrote my mother a note which read 'I find it impossible to continue Christina's piano instruction as the chasm between her and Strauss has widened into an abyss'.