Go Back   Cat Chat at Hubbell Bubbell > Hubbell Social Section > Book of Spells
Anglopets Gallery Cat Planet Vet UK
User Name
Password

Book of Spells Curl up on the sofa and join the Hubbell Bubbell book group.... Want to talk about Films or Television.. feel free to do it here....

Old 27-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Humble Cat Servant
Imperial

Default Shakespeare and Hathaway

Being at home we watched afternoon TV and saw the 2nd episode of the new comedy drama Shakespeare and Hathaway on BBC1 at 2.15 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09trrn9 It's a bit like Father Brown but we've watched both episodes now and prefer it. It's funny, sparky, quite old fashioned and none the worst for that.

I don't know why they have to hide it away in the afternoons and even less why they have to show an episode every day so it will all be over in a fortnight. I wish they'd show it in the evenings instead of the tedious, bloody (literally) violent but pc correct rubbish that they show at prime time like Collateral and Hard Sun.

The office assistant, Sebastian, played by Patrick Walshe McBride is absolutely brilliant - a real hoot!
Old 27-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Laughing - we've only watched the first one and we loved it and immediately put it onto Series Link on Sky.

It makes a change to actually warm immediately to the main characters and laugh out loud a few times during a programme - excellent stuff and simply wasted in the afternoons, it's a perfect early Sunday evening programme!
Old 28-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Humble Cat Servant
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Laughing - we've only watched the first one and we loved it and immediately put it onto Series Link on Sky.

It makes a change to actually warm immediately to the main characters and laugh out loud a few times during a programme - excellent stuff and simply wasted in the afternoons, it's a perfect early Sunday evening programme!

Absolutely!
Old 07-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Well, it seems to have proved popular on the Digital Spy forum too, and we're still enjoying it, especially 'Sebastian' - he's terrific!

I love the various characters quasi and actual Shakespearian names and (sometimes not very) veiled references in the dialogue, and sincerely hope it gets a second series!
Old 08-03-2018, 07:11 PM
Humble Cat Servant
Imperial

We have recorded and are catching up when we can. I do wish they were showing it on a Sunday evening - it would be perfect.

It's also nice to see Stratford again, as it brings back good memories of the school trip when we hung around outside the Dirty Duck/Mucky Mallard (does anyone ever call it the White Swan?) actor spotting. Later on one of our best canal holidays was spent on the Straford canal in wonderful weather and we moored up next to the theatre.

Sebastian is totally fabuloso and I hope Patrick gets a lot of other work from this as I'd love to see what else he can do. Actually everyone has been great in it, even Mark Benton who I'm usually a bit meh about.