Go Back   Cat Chat at Hubbell Bubbell > Hubbell Social Section > Book of Spells
Anglopets Gallery Cat Planet Vet UK
User Name
Password

Book of Spells Curl up on the sofa and join the Hubbell Bubbell book group.... Want to talk about Films or Television.. feel free to do it here....

Old 08-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Siamese Addict
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Best. Episode. This. Season!

It's a pity I won't be writing about it, but enough's enough - I noted the 'hit' number last week and by my estimation over 400 people visited this thread since I posted the last review, but not one - not a single person - bothered to stop by to make a comment or even say 'Hi'!

Sorry - but if you liked it, maybe you should have said so - even we amateur writers have our pride!
At any one time, there are usually around ten "robots" on the site, indexing for search engines, and although I'm not 100% certain, I think the content of this forum may be visible to guests - that would account for the "hits".
Old 08-08-2017, 11:30 AM
Oscar & Freddie's slave! :) :)
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Wasn't it great?

I'm in two minds - I'm off both him and Bron at the moment because they tried to kill dear Drogon! :

Thanks for dropping by, amici - it's nice to be acknowledged, but although the piece is written, I still feel a bit pissed off and haven't made my mind up to post it!
I don't blame you Chris, you must put a lot of time and effort into writing those posts (which I wholeheartedly enjoy reading by the way!). They do give me a good giggle and I get a great amount of pleasure out of reading them. Plus I usually feel the exact same way you do about the characters!

At least we didn't have to endure Euron (Urine) this week!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com- Please click this link at least once a day to feed the animals
- it doesn't cost a thing!

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Old 08-08-2017, 11:38 AM
Imperial

Awww Chris, please post your review. How will I know what's going on?!!

Old 08-08-2017, 12:05 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Okay - but just for you, Andrea and Ang!

Sorry for the flounce - I enjoy writing the reviews and don't mind the time, I just get hacked off now and again! :

By the Seven, that seemed to be a short episode – or maybe it appeared so because the last fifteen or so minutes whizzed by so thrillingly!

Not that the preceding scenes slouched by – although several of them which incorporated a lot of walking up and down the interminable stairs at Dragonstone by the major players in the war against Cersei - seemed a bit slow.

The King in the North, Jon Snow(Stark/Targaryan) and Ser Davos looked particularly cold and tired – it was unkind in the hubba to make me laugh at that point by inferring that they’d been up all night chalking pictures of the Children of the Forest and Men fighting together to drive off the Night King and his mob, deep within the dragon stone mine under the castle.

Despite his (possible) artistic endeavours, the silly tart is still insistent that she won’t ally with him unless he ‘bends the knee’ – much as Stannis Baratheon once insisted that Mance Rayder make obeisance to him to save the wildlings.

Mance wouldn't do it and don’t you, lad – I’m from the North too and we don’t forget!

Meanwhile, back in the North, Arya has finally made it back to Winterfell and, in another scene reminiscent of the one where she found herself outside the Red Keep in King’s Landing, was challenged by this week’s two comedy gateguards who seemed to have little conversation apart from invitations to partake of sex and travel elsewhere.

A girl was unphased, and soon was in the crypt of Winterfell being reunited with Sourpuss Sansa, or ‘Lady Stark’ as she now insists on being called! By her sister?

As a reunion, it was slightly warmer than the Sansa/Bran meeting last week, but not exactly joyous, although they did share a good laugh at Arya’s ‘list’, mostly because Sansa thought little sis was kidding.

Off they went to meet up with Bran the Monotonous, who’d already dismissed poor Meera – you know – the one who protected him, fought for him, watched her brother, Summer, Hodor, the Children of the Forest and his predecessor die for him, not to mention dragging him for miles and miles through blizzards – with the kind of ‘thank you’ one could expect from someone for whom you’d performed a very minor service.

Garrrggghh – I’m not a Bran fan, I never have been – although I acknowledge that without the little blister and his Peeping Tom routine, there would have been no story – but it looks as if we’re stuck with him and his toneless pronouncements for ever!

Still, he frightened the life out of Baelish, which is always worth a look, when the sycophantic slimeball presented him with the very Valeryian dagger used so long ago to attempt to murder him.

“Chaos is a ladder …” he intoned, mirroring a conversation between Littlefinger and Varys, alone in the Throne Room of the Red Keep, thus proving, coming quickly after his revelation that he’s aware of Arya’s ‘list’, that he knows everything, up to and including, his – Littlefinger’s – treachery.

Insert dramatic music of choice!

On to more entertaining stuff – from my shallow point of view, of course – it’s my review!

Terrific sword skills in the practice fight between Brienne and Arya, two of my best girls – although I suspect, in reality, one blow on target from Brienne would have crushed Arya like a beetle, no matter how much she pranced around.

An extra thrill felt by me – I told you I was shallow – was the expressions on the faces of Littlefinger Baelish and Sourpuss Sansa. I laughed, but I’m haunted by the notion that she, if anyone, is likely to betray both Arya and Jon if she gets the chance.

Speaking of betrayal – Theon turned up at Dragonstone and, disappointingly, Jon didn’t throttle him on the spot – and at that point, fed up with the men bleating at each other, Barbie the Unburnt decided to take matters into her own hands.

It’s a pity you weren’t a bit quicker off the mark, you ninny, if you’d set off sooner you would have had the gold from Highgarden which is now in King’s Landing paying off the Iron Banker – I had to be so careful how I typed that bit – a ‘W’ kept trying to replace the ‘B’!

And finally we meet up with Jaime, Bron and the Lannister army, fresh from murdering the Queen of Thorns and plundering her lands and coffers, Jaime clearly a bit morose (as you should be, you murdering sod), Bron feeling miffed at not being gifted Highgarden itself and only getting a bag of gold instead.

At least he had a good laugh at the name of Sam’s brother ‘Dickon’ who was accompanied by his charming father Randyll ‘Flog the Stragglers’ Tarly.

What a lovely man he is – I do hope he was standing right in the line of fire when thousands of Dothraki screamers and the wonderful Drogon came roaring over the horizon.

What a battle – blimey – it was breathtaking - I don’t think I’ve ever seen so many stuntmen on fire, and that’s not even counting the ones hacked to bits by the Dothraki. Kudos to the horseback skills on display – especially those who rose up and fired bows as their horses thundered toward the shield wall.

Shield walls are usually relatively impenetrable – on the other hand, men lined up make a tempting target for a dragon and he duly incinerated them by the score.

I could have watched it for ten more minutes at least, but too soon – Bron the Bowman – ooops – wrong story – ahem, Bron of the Blackwater unveiled the ballista (which I wrongly referred to as a ‘trebuchet’ in a previous post) – and – he shot my darling Drogon!

Massive weeps and agonised cries from me as the wonderful creature spiralled to earth – but wait – he’s not dead, he can’t be dead – he isn’t, but he’s clearly furious and a bit off his target otherwise he would have cremated bliddy Jaime as he galloped toward him, clutching a spear and obviously intent on adding 'Queenkiller' to his list of titles as well as finishing off a poor, injured animal.

As it was, it was his unfortunate horse which got incinerated, as some valiant fool, probably Bron, tackled Jaime off the horse in the nick of time and precipitated him into the river, which, like all cinematic rivers, was at least 200 feet deep.

And there we left him, fellow Watchers, sinking like a stone – and while I will own to a very slight pang on Brienne's behalf – I’m not sure I really care about him any more!
Old 08-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Imperial

Eee, by heck! There was a lot going on! There are a few characters that need either incinerating or battered with a ballista.

And pity the poor horse...

Fancy shooting a dragon with a pea shooter (to a dragon anyway), that's only going to make it cross!

Will have to have another read...so much happened!

Old 08-08-2017, 04:40 PM
UK Grand Champion

Thank yoooooo. I must admit I find your writeup's much more energetic than the programme. I totally lost track of the threads although I'm a lot less squeamish about dragons killing humans than humans killing humans probably because it is more "natural"
Old 08-08-2017, 04:49 PM
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Thank yoooooo. I must admit I find your writeup's much more energetic than the programme. I totally lost track of the threads although I'm a lot less squeamish about dragons killing humans than humans killing humans probably because it is more "natural"
Errrr? NATURAL??!!!

Old 08-08-2017, 05:38 PM
UK Grand Champion

Survival of the fittest?? Dragons being top predator etc??
Old 08-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Survival of the fittest?? Dragons being top predator etc??
OK. I believe you.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:54 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Besides, Drogon's a total sweetheart and they were firing arrows at the poor darling!

You should have ploughed on after the Red Wedding, Ang - if you watch GoT for long enough (I'm sure Andrea will agree), you become quite inured to the violence!

Thanks so much for your comments, amici - I feel a bit of a ninny, really - here's me thinking that lots of people were reading my little reviews and it turns out the high number of 'hits' is just a mistake courtesy of the search engines! :