Go Back   Cat Chat at Hubbell Bubbell > Hubbell Social Section > Book of Spells
Anglopets Gallery Cat Planet Vet UK
User Name
Password

Book of Spells Curl up on the sofa and join the Hubbell Bubbell book group.... Want to talk about Films or Television.. feel free to do it here....

Old 26-05-2016, 06:19 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Default Game of Thrones ...

... for those of us who watch it!

I could have cheerfully strangled that selfish little git Brandon Stark this week - thanks to him and his mystical wanderings into the past, the Children of the Forest, the Black Raven, Hodor and Summer are dead!

It seems a great pity to me that he didn't snuff it when Jaime Lannister chucked him out of that window in Series 1!

As for the other Starks - since when did that dip Sansa become some sort of all-powerful leader? I was pleased that she ate the face off Petyr Bailish, and I wouldn't have trusted him either, but why didn't she tell John Snow that she'd turned down the help of the Knights of the Vale? Why?

Sansa'd better not be sending off the wonderful Brienne off to find the Blackfish to get her killed - if Brienne dies, I really will stop watching it! Mind you, I said the same when poor Shaggydog and Summer were murdered!

As for Arya - yaaaawn - apart from the very diverting 'play' she was sent to watch, which, of course, included a gratuitous shot of male genitalia, it's just the same old, same old with her and it's really boring! Her finest hour was when she was knocking around Westeros with the Hound and I'm sure I'm not the only Watcher on the Wall who wishes she'd raze the House of Black and White to the ground (with Jaqen and that stupid Waif girl inside it) and get herself home in time to help John sort Sansa out!

I can't believe another Red Woman has been chucked into the mix - isn't Melisandre enough? She still hasn't paid for burning Princess Shireen at the stake, and now we're stiffed with another one who's threatening Tyrion and Varys!

And breathe!

In any case, all that paled into insignificance when it dawned on me that bliddy Bran had blighted Hodor's entire life by entering his mind when he was just a boy, rendering him a simpleton who could only say one word and had only one purpose - to hold the door and save the self-centred little git from his own crass stupidity!

Well, you held it, you sweet giant - and I, for one, am going to miss you terribly! (insert sobbing icon)
Old 26-05-2016, 06:34 PM
Siamese Addict
Imperial

I read about 4 of the books - before the TV series really got going, then got a bit bored with all the violence and death

I keep thinking about starting to catch up with the TV series - maybe I'll try watching it from the beginning when Winter comes - never sure if fantasy works once I've read the book and got my own picture of what it looks like though - TV never seems right then !
Old 26-05-2016, 07:48 PM
Imperial

That explains some of it...poor Hodor

Old 27-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Leia View Post
I read about 4 of the books - before the TV series really got going, then got a bit bored with all the violence and death

I keep thinking about starting to catch up with the TV series - maybe I'll try watching it from the beginning when Winter comes - never sure if fantasy works once I've read the book and got my own picture of what it looks like though - TV never seems right then !
I was the most scornful sceptic for over five years, Jools - I didn't even watch the box set of Series 1 and 2 which the junior nephew and his partner bought me for Christmas 3 years ago.

I only started to watch because I was bored one afternoon and couldn't find a film I wanted to see, so since all of the seasons of GoT so far were available on Sky+ , I thought I'd give it a go!

Okay - I did that - fell for it hook, line, sinker and copy of 'Angling Times' and binged all five of them in preparation for the start of Season 6 - I freely admit that I'm totally addicted!

Yes, it's full of violence and gratuitous nudity - but the underlying story is just great!
Old 27-05-2016, 01:24 PM
Oscar & Freddie's slave! :) :)
Imperial

Awww I was SO UPSET after watching the latest episode Chris!!!! Poor Hodor!! You are right, that little sh*t Bran should have kicked the bucket when Jamie pushed him out of the window in series 1! There were LOADS of deaths on Monday night, just no need at all!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com- Please click this link at least once a day to feed the animals
- it doesn't cost a thing!

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Old 29-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

What I'm hoping for tonight:-

The High Sparrow gets knocked off his perch - violently!

Someone - anyone - murders Ramsay Bolton in the most horrible way imaginable!

Davos finds out what happened to poor little Shireen and strangles Melisandre!

Jon Snow finally stops sulking!

Jaime Lannister realises what a bitch Cersei is and rushes off to find Brienne!

Drogon the dragon turns up and eats Barbie the Unburnt, first of her name, blah - blah - blah, then schmoozles up to Tyrion!

I know, I know - won't happen, but I live in hope!
Old 31-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Oh dear - maybe the enchantment is wearing off a bit - I felt faintly disappointed with this episode.

I've now decided that I hate Bran the Self-Centered, and I'm haunted by the notion that he has a big part to play in what remains of the story - this doesn't exactly enthuse me.

Nice to see Benjen Stark again - well - what's left of him - I hope he knows he's doomed for real if he takes up with bliddy Bran! Just ask Hodor and Summer!

Samuel Tarly's home came as a revelation - his hateful, horrible father didn't - I'm glad Sam pinched the family sword, but I'd have liked it more if he'd stabbed his father and brother with it and stayed on with Gilly and his nice Mummy and sister!

Thank the old gods and the new that Arya seems to be coming to her senses - let's hope she giving the Waif a good stitching up with her sword 'Needle' before she exits, stage left, from the crushingly boring House of Black and White!

Okay, let's get on to my biggest disappointment, which - apart from that fool of a Barbie doll sitting yelling the odds on the back of a dragon - was the stand-off on the steps of the Sept!

I was absolutely yearning to see the High Sparrow knocked off his perch and carved into small slices, instead we got the conversion of St Margaery the Smirker - and she's roped soft kid Tommen, First of His Name, to join the horde of unwashed zealots with her.

No wonder Dame Diana Rigg looked p*ssed off - she's so much better than this - I imagine the only thing which kept her on set was the thought of the size of the paycheque!

It just better be much improved next week or I'm joining the ranks of the sceptics again - my hopes are pinned on Jaime and Brienne!
Old 31-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Imperial

I bloody LOVE Brienne!!! She's fab!! And the looks that brut of a ginger bearded wildling is giving her had me in hysterics! I was very disappointed that Sam didn't grow a pair and stick that sword in his father too! Urgh, what a horrid specimen his father is!!!

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com- Please click this link at least once a day to feed the animals

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Old 02-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Oh, I adore Brienne - if that fool Tormund ever tries to 'steal' her in the Wildling way, he might find himself missing important parts of his anatomy, but it does make me howl with laughter when he keeps making sheep's eyes at her!

If I had my way, the scales would drop from Jaime Lannister's eyes and he would see her for the magnificent woman she is - sigh - ain't going to happen, is it?
Old 02-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Imperial

I doubt it... he's only got eyes for his sister!