Go Back   Cat Chat at Hubbell Bubbell > Hubbell Social Section > Book of Spells
Anglopets Gallery Cat Planet Vet UK
User Name
Password

Book of Spells Curl up on the sofa and join the Hubbell Bubbell book group.... Want to talk about Films or Television.. feel free to do it here....

Old 01-07-2016, 10:40 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Aha - I thought you might be 'Unsullied', Leah!

As for the books, GRRM lost me too, Leah - I tried - I really tried - to read them, but there are so many peripheral characters and sub-plots I felt as if I was drowning in (mostly) irrelevant information. GRRM seems to have an annoying habit of 'fleshing out' even minor characters, then killing them off a few chapters later which makes me want to scream.

I think the series writers have done a masterly job in teasing out a strong main plot from the morass, although they could have left out Dorne (apart from Oberyn Martell) for me in it's entirety!

I also have to admit that I can only tolerate Barbie the Unburnt in the series if there are actually dragons present - she bores me spitless!

That's just my view - a lot of people absolutely love his writing, however, and are waiting with bated breath for the next book to be published,

It might well appear very soon, but I doubt it - GRRM seems to have painted himself into a very tight corner and I don't envy the series producers their task in finishing things up without knowing exactly what tack he is taking!

Even so, I won't be reading it - I stopped at Book 4 - as Dorothy Parker once said, "This is not a book to be cast aside lightly - it should be hurled with great force!"
Old 01-07-2016, 11:08 AM
Imperial

Now that we know that You Know Nothing Jon Snow is also Targeryen does this mean that he could also ride a dragon? And will he have an incestuous-ish hook-up with his unburnt cousin or will she be sent packing after delivering Drago to him so he can melt the Iron Throne from under Cersei's backside? Will Arya come home and take down Sansa when she shows her power hungry superficial colours again? Will that big ginger galoot make more cow eyes at Brienne? (Please please!!!!)

And finally, my ragdoll babies? Pedigree names are Tyrion Lannister and Melisandre!
Old 01-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Oscar & Freddie's slave! :) :)
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Now that we know that You Know Nothing Jon Snow is also Targeryen does this mean that he could also ride a dragon? And will he have an incestuous-ish hook-up with his unburnt cousin or will she be sent packing after delivering Drago to him so he can melt the Iron Throne from under Cersei's backside? Will Arya come home and take down Sansa when she shows her power hungry superficial colours again? Will that big ginger galoot make more cow eyes at Brienne? (Please please!!!!)

And finally, my ragdoll babies? Pedigree names are Tyrion Lannister and Melisandre!
Leah, loving the pedigree names for your Ragdoll babies!!!

And yes, the big ginger galoot really needs to make more cow eyes at Brienne!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com- Please click this link at least once a day to feed the animals
- it doesn't cost a thing!

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Old 01-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

I love the cats' names too - I hate Melisandre the character because she's an evil cow, but the name is lovely - and I just adore Tyrion! I wish I could see a happy ending for him, but somehow I can't!

I wonder if YKN Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryan might crack a smile if one of the dragons came schmoozling up to him?

I'm probably the only one, but I'm shuddering at the thought of him and Barbie the U - they'd have babies which look smug and miserable all at the same time! Anyway, I want him betrothed to the Little Bear (Lady Mormont) to be married when she's old enough!

Are we talking about our favourite characters now and who we'd like to see them end up with, because if we are, I love Tormund and find his open-mouthed admiration of Brienne adorable, but ( I sound snobby now) he is a bit beneath her! Mind you, she hasn't had a lot of success loving Renly Baratheon and Jaime Lannister, has she?

I don't care who gets Sansa - she's a (tall) pot of poison - but for my dear little Arya may I suggest Gendry - the true natural son of King Robert last seen rowing briskly away from Dragonstone!

Seeing as there is probably going to be nobody else left after the main characters rumble with the White Walkers, he'd make a good King, would Gendry - and he'd come in very handy should the iron throne need a bit of hammering back together after the final battle for King's Landing!

My husband, the Philistine, told me that Arya and the Hound are the best pairing - huh - you know nothing, Graham B!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Imperial

I think Squire Pod is a " wrong side of the sheets "Baratheon too..... they can't have got all of old Robert's by blows.....

I would have him or Gendry for lady mormont... l wouldnt wish dopey jon on anyone, especially when he gets older.... which ever one lady Lyanna refuses can go to Arya.
Littlefinger and Sansa should end up together but back in the Eyrie with the other weirdos.
Bran can be sucked into the tree for good.
Cersei is dragonbait but she may take down Barbie with her last breath....
Melisandre sneaks back to send Jon the Misery back to his eternal sleep and the Onion Knight takes over whats left of the Watch.
Jaime throws his life away valiantly trying to save Cersei
But it is as in vain as the rest of his existance.
Tyrion is the only remaining lannister and rules peacefully with Varys as his Hand....
Brienne dedicates her life to Arya and Tormund hides under her bed hoping to win her over.
Yara and the rest of the salty sea dogs join forces with the dothraki and team up to attempt to avenge Barbie .
Old 02-07-2016, 12:16 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Curses! I'd forgotten the bliddy Ironborn and the Dothraki! That's brilliant, Leah!

I'm just imagining a scene between John Three-Names and Bran the self-centred if Meera manages to drag him all the way to Winterfell ....

Bran:"Jon - brace yourself - father wasn't your father - you're actually a Targaryan!"

Jon, glancing anxiously around at the assembled Northern lords:"Keep your voice down, Br - erm - stranger - I'm Ned Stark's son and I'm King in the North!"
Assorted Northern Lords:"King in the North! King in the North! King in the North!"
Bran:"But Jon ...."
Jon, quickly:"Come - erm - stranger - you've come a long way and you're tired and weary - let me help you to a seat!"

He quickly picks the protesting Bran up and pretends to stagger on carrying him to a window seat, hurling him into infinity and finishing the job Jaime Lannister botched in the very first episode!
Old 02-07-2016, 07:46 AM
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Curses! I'd forgotten the bliddy Ironborn and the Dothraki! That's brilliant, Leah!

I'm just imagining a scene between John Three-Names and Bran the self-centred if Meera manages to drag him all the way to Winterfell ....

Bran:"Jon - brace yourself - father wasn't your father - you're actually a Targaryan!"

Jon, glancing anxiously around at the assembled Northern lords:"Keep your voice down, Br - erm - stranger - I'm Ned Stark's son and I'm King in the North!"
Assorted Northern Lords:"King in the North! King in the North! King in the North!"
Bran:"But Jon ...."
Jon, quickly:"Come - erm - stranger - you've come a long way and you're tired and weary - let me help you to a seat!"

He quickly picks the protesting Bran up and pretends to stagger on carrying him to a window seat, hurling him into infinity and finishing the job Jaime Lannister botched in the very first episode!
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Old 02-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Imperial

That would be so funny, l could just see the travelling troupe of mummers writing that exact scene!
Old 23-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

Got this from a GoT loving friend:-

It was written by someone called Jaynee D - good on you, girl!

Night gathers, and now our re-watch begins.
It shall not end until next season.
We shall take no breaks, hold no other interests, father no spoilers.
We shall wear only comfy clothes and win no game shows.
We shall live and die at our TV sets.
We are the seekers of missed clues.
We are the watchers on the couch.
We are the nerds that describe the plots, the listeners of the sound tracks, the horn that calls others to the show, the shield that guards the show and book canon.
We pledge our lives and honour to Game of Thrones, for this night and all nights to come.

Just keeping it real for me, Andrea, Leah, Tracey, Linda (honorary member) and any other lurkers who are suffering withdrawal symptoms!
Old 23-10-2016, 07:03 PM
Imperial

Surely, it's not long now?

Love the poem Nerds! hahahahahahaha!!