Go Back   Cat Chat at Hubbell Bubbell > Hubbell Social Section > Book of Spells
Anglopets Gallery Cat Planet Vet UK
User Name
Password

Book of Spells Curl up on the sofa and join the Hubbell Bubbell book group.... Want to talk about Films or Television.. feel free to do it here....

Old 11-06-2017, 10:51 AM
Imperial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucia View Post
Are we all ready to gaze at Ross/Dwight/ out to sea?

I am!
Been waiting anxiously all week! My spot on the sofa is booked! Woe betide ANYONE who tries to stop me...

Old 11-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Grand Premier

Yes - I am ready for a spot of "sea/Ross" gazing too!
Old 12-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

And he didn't disappoint us, Bee - plus he added some wild running - (wearing a tortured expression) on the beach, and heroic galloping along the clifftop on his stalwart steed whose name - Darkie - is never acknowledged by the BBC lest it upset the snowflakes!

Well, that was an episode and a half - birth, marriage, death, love-at-first-sight, and lashings of the machinations of evil Tiny George! I feel like inserting a 'Boooooo' every time I type his name!

Beginning with birth - it opened with the ninny Elizabeth riding a horse she had no control over and had probably goaded into bolting in the hopes of being thrown so that she could - erm - be precipitated into 'premature' labour! Some hope!

While I was still entertaining hopes that the sweet horse would stop dead and hurl her over the cliff and into the sea, Ross the hero turned up to save her! Garrggghh! Gorgeous you may be, but you simply can't mind your own business, mate!

Walking briskly up and down the drawing room at Nampara didn't seem to work either, although her baby bump was, at that point, so low I was astonished that the infant, obeying the laws of gravity, wasn't deposited on the carpet!

Finally, labour having begun, she resisted the urge to push until morning and then threw a vase downstairs, followed by a despairing scream. Don't try that too often, dear - the last time I fell downstairs, the hubba was unsympathetic to the point of yelling, "Christ! Not again!"

Always one for spoiling the joy of others and ensuring she's the centre of attention, Elizabeth required a doctor and the only one available was the divine Dwight, spotted leaving his secret wedding by Geoffrey Charles - more of him later!

Poor Caroline Enys - she must have hardly had time to get as far as removing the second petticoat before the urgent note from Trenwith arrived - hmmm - if I was Demelza I'd have chucked it on the fire!

Dwight, noble as well as delicious, sped off, under a black moon, to deliver the baby and save Elizabeth - was I the only one disappointed when the kid was born and didn't have a mop of black curly hair?

Well, he's cursed anyway - Aunt Agatha got in first, pointing out that he was born under a black moon, and not content with that Tiny George countered by saddling him with the dodgy name 'Valentine'! Poor little soul - wasn't it enough to be related to Tiny George and the Wicked Uncle - or is he?

In the meantime, both Ray Penvennen and Demelza's ghastly father were dying, poor Ray from diabetes, the Carne bloke from preaching sanctimonious malice.

He should care - his name will live on in the person of Demelza's two brothers who seem to have been at the back of the queue when Carne family looks were handed out.

Much has been written about this infusion of eye candy for female viewers - having seen them, my respose is 'really'? In comparison to Dwight and Ross?

Never mind, Morwenna Chynoweth, who looked to be a bit of a dip, but we'll wait and see, instantly fell in love with the younger brother, Drake - much good that will do her!

Geoffrey Charles was the star of the show last night for me, along with Aunt Agatha, but both of them are, unfortunately, at the mercy of Tiny George! I was outraged when poor old Aunt A was removed by his minions and I fear for GC while he's still so young - especially since Ross has chosen this moment, when his support to them is so vital, to agree to a (armed) truce between the families!

Gosh, Ross - you're such a beautiful ninny sometimes! You could have tried to look a bit more pleased when Demelza told you she was pregnant with possibly the most stupid female in fiction apart from Marianne Dashwood!

I'll have to stop there - I know, I know - it's a long post and I've probably missed out tons of bits, but so much happened!

Overall, it was bliss - can't wait for next week!

NB: Was that a new Horace - the sweet little soul looked a lot younger than last season's puggle - and where was Garrick!

Last edited by Lucia : 12-06-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Humble Cat Servant
Imperial

Great review

I'm guessing that the attractiveness or not of the two Carne brothers is aimed more at the younger female viewer?

I'm very pleased that the actress playing Caroline has obviously had her baby and now doesn't have to be seen holding that pug/fan/cloak to hide her pregnancy anymore. That was so annoying in the last series.

Ross still continues to be a bit of a drip .....
Old 12-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Imperial

I'll read it properly later on the laptop.

Think I'm in lust again.....

Old 16-06-2017, 09:53 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

It's been bugging me all week who it was that Demelza's brother 'Drake' reminded me of - and now I've remembered - Leo Sayer!

http://www.lyricscribe.com/public/im...rtist-4546.jpg

Note to actor: - Don't grow your hair, son!
Old 16-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Imperial

Or start singing falsetto!!

Old 16-06-2017, 12:18 PM
Humble Cat Servant
Imperial

Leo Sayer always seems to be a really nice bloke ..... but not someone I EVER want to hear
Old 19-06-2017, 08:45 AM
Humble Cat Servant
Imperial

This is a wonderfully enjoyable old fashioned bit of TV nonsense entertainment which is providing us with a lot of fun.

Me "Why have they buried John Nettles on a cliff edge in a weird looking grave?"

Roy "Because he's a satanist!"

Roy "Is Captain Blamey ever coming back?"

Me " No he's living in a B&B in miserable green/grey Wales, which is so damp it's causing his face to pucker up and fold in on itself, while he solves murders while becoming increasingly depressed"

Has Ross ever galloped right to left? I can only remember him going left to right. If he never comes back, eventually, wherever he starts from in Cornwall, he'll end up in Devon.

I'm looking forwards to episode 3
Old 19-06-2017, 10:12 AM
Miserable Old Boot
Imperial

We too wondered why Ray Penvennen was buried on the edge of a cliff so far from Killewarren!

I mean, it's not as if he was much of a gazer out to sea, and Caroline hardly needs to save money - she could have had him buried in Truro Cathedral, it would have been much more convenient to visit to lay flowers etc, and he'd be less likely to end up floating in the sea should the cliff collapse!

Never mind - it was the least of the mysteries thrown up by last night's exciting episode, uppermost in my mind which had to be why nobody has throttled Demelza's god-bothering brother Sam!

Ross seemed on the verge several times, but managed to both soothe lady viewers (and Demelza) and upstage the pair of skinny boys by revealing his glorious chest early in the show! Thank you, dahling!

The producers are certainly packing a lot into each episode - so much it's hard to summarise, but I'll have a go!

Aunt Agatha and Geoffey Charles - hurrah for you two, courageously carrying on your guerrilla warfare in Trenwith - also hurrah for the fleeting visit of dearest Verity!

That fool Elizabeth seems to have stuck in 'sulky bitch' mode - you can straighten your face, lady, you chose to marry the ghastly little pipsqueak, so get on with it!

Speaking of the ghastly little pipsqueak, were we the only couple in the country who laughed like drains at the haughty expression on his face when he attained his heart's desire and became a magistrate - although it did falter when Aunt A slyly suggested - rightly - that he might not have been the first choice!

Even so, what a fool Ross is sometimes - I'd have accepted the position for no better reason than to spite Tiny George, but no, his head's full of rushing off to France with possibly the least attractive incarnation of Tholly Tregirls imaginable. The man is supposed to be a magnet for women - erm - dream on, casting director - I could smell him from my sofa! Ugh!

Those brothers of Demelza's must eat colossal amounts of bread when they're not praying or stalking Morwenna Chynoweth - poor lass is always up to her elbows in dough!

I had to laugh when they struck up singing in the church and Graham said, "Good Lord - let's hope this doesn't segue into 'One Man Band'!"

I've missed lots out - quickly - Garrick was spotted in the kitchen at Nampara, Captain Blamey is safe and well, which I'm very pleased about because whenever dear Verity cries, so do I - poor Caroline, who hasn't even had a wedding night thanks to bliddy Elizabeth is distraught with worry over divine Dwight, and I fear that the horrible French, not content with writing revolting songs to teach to innocent British children, look as if they might be going to murder him!

Hurry up, Ross - and if you can manage to lose your shirt in the fighting to come, I will love you even more!